There’s music in the air as the summer outdoor concert series in the both east and west Dearborn downtown areas return, with the first concert June 13. All concerts are free.
The West Dearborn Downtown Development Authority hosts Friday Nites in the Park in the Bryant Library’s Muirhead Plaza at 22100 Michigan Ave.
All concerts are 6:30-9 p.m. and the lineup is as follows:
• June 13: The Beat Club (Beatles Tribute)
• June 27: The Sound Alternative Band
• July 11: Metro Jazz Voices (Carl Cafagna)
• July 25: Big Will & the 360º Band (rock and Latin jazz)
• August 8: Teen Angels
• August 22: Billy Mack & the Juke Joint Johnnies
The June 27, July 11 and 25, and August 22 concerts will feature food truck rallies from 5-9 p.m. in parking lot B, located across the alley from the concerts.
The rain alternate location will be at the Henry Ford Centennial Library at 16301 Michigan Ave.
For more information on the WDDDA’s concerts, visit www.dearbornwestonline.com.
The East Dearborn Downtown Development Authority’s series starts July 9 and brings back popular jazz musicians to City Hall Park at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Schaefer on Wednesdays in July and August.
Food from local restaurants will be available for purchase at the park again this year.
All concerts are 7-9 p.m. The 2014 Jazz on the Ave schedule is:
• July 9: Alexander Zonjic & Friends
• July 16: Straight Ahead
• July 23: Jackiem Joyner
• July 30: Urban Jazz Coalition
• August 6: Kevin Toney
• August 13: Alexander Zonjic’s All Stars with Thornetta Davis and Motor City Horns
The July 30, August 6 and 13 concerts will also feature a temporary art display, the 12 on 12 Pop Up Art Gallery, from 5-9 p.m. at Dearborn City Hall. For more information on the EDDDA’s concerts, visit www.eastdowntowndearborn.com.
Bring a chair or blanket and enjoy the free entertainment.